Nov 20, 2018
UFC Buenos Aires wasn't a bad card, by any means. And UFC Beijing will doubtless have some very good fights on it. But let's be honest: we've all seen better lineups, and more interesting results. Here we are, friends, back in the shit.
Nonetheless, there was some good stuff to discuss on this week's episode of Heavy Hands. We had a good time, even if we weren't particularly surprised by anything. Topics include:
- The wreckless (or punitive) matchmaking that has Francis Ngannou rematching Curtis Blaydes while on a two-fight skid, and the many improvements Blaydes has made since their first meeting
- Song Yadong, super-athletic Chinese prospect, and the Contender Series loser who seems to stand a good chance of beating him
- Neil Magny's fruitless fight for survival, and the simple techniques that allowed Santiago Ponzinibbio to dominate him
- Ricardo Lamas. He's Actually Good, guys
- Johnny Walker, the latest violent weirdo to make his mark in the UFC
- Chito Vera--literally the best fighter on earth
- Should the UFC simply combine their light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions?